Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Radley's - Matt Haig

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would read a book about VAMPIRES!  Seriously... who does that?!?!  Well, now I know. 

I won this book on GoodReads and thought I would give it to my grand-daughter because she read all the Twilight books and liked them. Before I could get it to her, I thought... what the heck, I'll check it out to see exactly what she sees in this type of book.  What have I been missing!?!?  I couldn't put this book down.  It was about a nice, loving family with two normal kids... until all H - E - double hockey sticks breaks out! There were some gorey parts, but they were handled very well and didn't gross me out.

What did I learn from this book?
  1. You can't judge a book by it's cover.
  2. Don't rule out a book because of it's genre.
  3. I will be looking for more books by this author.
  4. That grand-daughter I talked about.. she's one smart cookie!
Whew! That was my first review of a book. It isn't very long or detailed, but I'll get better.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky!
    You recently left a comment on my blog, but I can't respond through email, since it doesn't look like you have your email linked in your blogger account, so I am just commenting here:)
    You asked about the bleach t-shirts. I usually left them out for about 30 - 45 minutes - but honestly, I don't think you can keep them out too long. The longer they stay out, the more they will develop, but I don't think you risk holes :) If the sun is shining directly on them, the time that it takes to get a good developed bleach spot will be shorter than if the sun is not shining...so I recommend doing it in the sun! And don't water down your bleach. Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions,
    Lindsay
    www.craftyladylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete